FIVE AREAS YOU MUST SECURE
BEFORE YOUR SAP ROLLOUT
Are you grappling with the challenges of a complex SAP Implementation or upgrade project? Do you need to ensure your planned or newly-developed systems are safe and secure before go-live? Congratulations, you are already well ahead of the curve. Your recognition of the importance of security and your desire to take action means that you have taken the first step towards building robust SAP systems that are hardened against cyber threats while meeting functional requirements.
SAP systems are not secure by default. Out-of-the-box configurations provide attackers with opportunities to exploit a host of vulnerabilities in order to compromise sensitive information or interrupt SAP services. Organizations implementing or upgrading SAP solutions should have a clear and comprehensive blueprint to proactively apply critical security measures during the realization phase in order to shut out potential attacks.
Layer Seven Security are industry leaders in building and maintaining secure SAP landscapes. We architecture SAP systems for defense in depth by building layered controls across the entire SAP technology stack. We harden not only SAP applications, servers and standalone components, but supporting databases, hosts and endpoints. We employ the following proven five-point strategy to fortify SAP landscapes and significantly lower the risk of a successful attack:
- Secure the Network - Configure Network Zones. Filter Network Access. Encrypt Network Communications. Reduce the Attack Surface.
- Protect Remote Function Calls - Secure the Gateway Server. Manage RFC Destinations and Users.
- Control Access - Manage Standard Users and Profiles. Restrict Access to Administrative and Sensitive Business Functions. Define and Apply Rules for the Segregation of Duties.
- Maintain Forensic Data - Log Network Activity, System Events, Changes, and User Actions.
- Secure the System Configuration - Manage Authentication Parameters. Maintain Profile Settings. Apply Security Patches. Monitor the Configuration.
Layer Seven’s approach is based on the best practices and principles of our SAP Cybersecurity Framework, widely recognized as the standard for protecting SAP systems from advanced threats. It is also aligned to SAP security recommendations. Furthermore, the approach leads to substantial cost savings by removing the need for wide-ranging post-implementation remediation projects. Get ready for go-live by partnering with Layer Seven Security to secure your SAP systems from cyber attack.