How to Implement Advanced Security Monitoring Without Third-Party Software
The fear and anxiety driven by the wave of cyber attacks in recent years has led many companies to bolster their security programs. It’s also led to a stream of software solutions from third-party developers offering to solve customers’ cyber security challenges. You may have heard the sales spin, watched the demos, and even considered the proposals. But before you launch the purchase order, ask yourself: Is there an alternative? What if the tools you need to secure your SAP systems were available to you at this very moment?
SAP has equipped customers with a variety of tools to protect against even the most advanced forms of cyber threats. The tools are available in SAP Solution Manager and include:
1. Configuration Validation: Implement automated vulnerability checks across your entire SAP landscape
2. System Recommendations: Detect security-relevant SAP patch day and support package notes
3. Change Analysis: Analyze the root cause of changes in your SAP systems
4. End-to-End (E2E) Alerting: Investigate email and SMS alerts for critical SAP security events
5. Security Dashboards: Monitor the health of your SAP systems in near real time